Right…please keep in mind that you kind of like me J but after you finish readying today’s post you might like me less J
Is a risk I am willing to take! I am not selling anything to anyone, this blog doesn’t have any adverts and no one needs to like or share anything.
Is just a message I want to send to the world J
I believe that real food can heal you! I really do believe that, body and soul! We were made to eat whole, natural, raw and homemade cooked food!
I know what you are thinking…. I heard that before, I don’t have time to cook, raw food doesn’t keep me full for long enough, buying organic or wholefoods is too expensive…
All I hear are EXCUSES!
I was just like that if not worse! But luckily enough I woke up one morning feeling crap and starting wondering…when was the last time I felt 100%?
When was the last time I wasn’t tired? When was the last time I didn’t feel bloated? When was the last time when I woke up in the morning in a good mood liking my face and skin?
To my surprise I realised that I didn’t feel great since I was 18 (now I’m 26) so pretty much since I left home to go to university.
Leaving home meant for me eating really bad food (think McDonalds and Pizza) partying until the morning (think lack of sleep, alcohol and cigarettes) plus no exercise (unless dancing in high heels counts!) So there it was - 7 years of perfect diet for failure L.
In addition to that for the last 2 or 3 years whilst trying to lose some weight I have tried way to many ‘diets’. To name a few I have tried:
· starvation – I wouldn’t eat until 2 or 3 in the afternoon or until I will feel like I am going to collapse and then just have coffees or coke for the rest of the day ( I was 47 kg when I was doing this, anaemic and pretty much weak as a chicken)
· calorie counting – I had an app on my phone where I will put my current weight and the target weight and the app will tell me how many calories I was supposed to eat in order to get to the desired weight in the shortest time possible, so if I was allowed 800 calories a day it wouldn’t matter what those calories were made of, the point was to stick with the number (I was about 50 kg when I was doing this and felt very tired and very frustrated, the restriction made me make bad choices and I will end up having a sandwich, a packet of crisps and maybe a chocolate bar for the whole day)
· weight watchers, fat free, any kind of losing weight food that you can buy (little did I know at the time about how bad this products were for me, how many chemicals and how much sugar each one had, obviously I didn’t think that ready to eat meals/ microwave were healthy but at that point I just wanted to be slim, I was about 52kg at the time and feeling really rough, bad skin, bloated, no energy, lack of sleep, you name it)
So that would be the short version of my attempts to be slim and be happier with the way I look. All of that to wake up in August last year feeling like s..t!
I had been lucky enough to be introduced to Paleo at that point in my life and never looked back. I have stopped smoking, I started exercising, eating fish, meat and vegetables! I was coached, helped and read many books to keep me going, I learned how to make time for me!
I finally understood that if I don’t look after myself no one will and started to feel and see the difference! I am now 55 kg, fitting in the same clothes that I was wearing when 47 kg, I am much stronger, I have sky high levels of energy, I am happier and feeling in peace with my inner self.
Just to make myself clear again if necessary: I am not selling you anything! I am not writing a book or trying to make money out of likes and shares! I am just so pleased with what I have achieved so far that I think is important to make people aware!
Please eat! Please eat real food! Never skip meals, walk and exercise as much as you can! Try to meditate, read and listen to the music to help you relax and rewind!
You deserve to feel better again! You deserve to be healthy and perform at your best every day!
Make a change and eat well!
Today's recipe is an easy fix for lunch/dinner or you could have it as a post workout snack as well:
Broccoli, egg and mackerel ‘salad’
Ingredients
1. 150 grams mackerel
2. 1 hard-boiled egg
3. 1 cup of steamed broccoli
4. 1 cup of steamed leeks
5. 1 tbs of turmeric
6. 1 tbs of flaxseed
7. 1 tbs of chia seed
8. 1 tsp paprika
9. Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
1. Cut your mackerel, egg, broccoli and leeks into pieces
2. In a bowl mix all the ingredients together
3. Keep it in the fridge until serving
No comments:
Post a Comment